What is your worst Christmas memory as a child?

Mine was waking up Christmas morning with nothing up under the tree. My dad decided to take our presents Christmas Eve and and sell them for crack.

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 5:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• My stepfather throwing the entire tree out the door in a drunken rage
    Anonymous

• In later years after the divorce and during a wicked stepmother that alternate holiday sharing crapola always sucked cuz her kids got all new expensive things and we got minimal items and her kids bragged and yeah I'm sure plenty of you know this story if you've had a negative step family situation
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 5:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Wow, I'm so sorry you had that experience as a child. I don't have anything that can compare.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Waiting for my father to show up with presents, only for him to call late in the day to say he would be by tomorrow.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• The first Christmas after my grandfather died. It had only been a few weeks, and I was still grieving very hard. My mother's (now ex) husband (I refuse to call that my former stepfather, I hesitate to call him a "man").... insisted on taking us to visit his parents for Christmas. After dinner, I excused myself to the room I was staying in, because I didn't feel like being around people. He got mad at me for "sulking" and ruining "his" Christmas, so he kicked the door in and dragged me out by the arm to open presents and I *better smile* if I knew what was good for me. I barely held back tears through watching his family open gifts, then retreated to the bathroom afterwards to vomit from the stress and tension.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2010