I hate to study but I need study for my Preentrance exam .

Do any one know any help ful hints to help me study for my LPN Pre entrance exam?
When I tried to study my minds wander ................ Thanks in advance.

janitablue

Asked by janitablue at 5:38 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in

• Umm...if you hate to study, why would you go into nursing? I mean, I know it's just an LPN program, but...it's not exactly a study-free field.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:41 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Break it down into small chunks of time. But when you do study, make sure you are somewhere w/out interruptions or distractions. The laundry can wait! Your education should be top on your list of things "to do". Make some index cards to study any time any where. Hang in there & Good luck!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• This worked for me: situate yourself in your study place (mine was the dining table) set a goal (all vocabulary for example) - have pretzels or carrots handy and water/beverage so you have no reason to get up until you are done. good luck
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 5:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Same here...are you studying for the TEAS test? If yes, let me know and I'll send you info on better study techniques and study books for this test.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If you go into a room and read out loud to yourself for 15 minutes you will retain more information, because you will activate a different area of your brain. I learded this from my DR when Iwas recovering from a stroke and needed to learn many things over. The trick to it is to make sure you are totally alone, because if you are worried that someone may be listening to you it will not work. Also, going over the 15 minutes will not make it work any better. 15 minutes every 4 hours. They told me that it would also work with my DS,11, and we have tried it and it seems to be. Good luck!!!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 6:31 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Remember how bad you want this. You CAN do it!!!! Go to a quiet room & keep reading!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:42 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• You need to learn to love studying, or you will not complete the program.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2010