Not speaking to family on the holidays...

Is the holiday's a good reason to let bygones be bygones? or is it better to stick by your convictions?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• No holiday could ever make me talk to people that don't deserve a minute of my time after what they did to me. I know it sounds bad..but trust me, I have damn good reasons.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 5:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Life is short. Once gone, it is forever gone. You don't get a do-over. Re-examine why you've made the choices you've made. Holidays? Irrelevant. Every day is a good day to embrace life and loved ones.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 5:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It depends on the situation...
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 5:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I would also say it depends on the situation, but it also depends on whether they are also willing to let bygones be bygones.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 5:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I am the upset one and what I feel as the wronged party. So they have no bygones to let go of. I am the one who doesn't want to talk and haven't except for a handful of times for the past 13 years.
    Bubbie0809

Comment by Bubbie0809 (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Is there a reason to rise above? Yes because like your first poster said life is short. Really. I missed the opportunity to talk to my brother before he left this earth. I am still sad with my self.
    My husbands family is constantly taking what I say the wrong way. I mean seriously. So I hang by my husband and stay quiet. I leave as early as I can. Were now so large, (not in a bad way) that we need to take two cars. Which works out in my favor.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I don't talk to my It depends what it is but those two are just gard to deal with and not good influences on my kids.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 6:26 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Depends on who it is and the reason.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• you only have one family. anyday is a good time to make up.
    If something happen to them. you will be wondering if things
    could have been different. good luck
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• My family doesn't want anything to do with me,DH and our son. I tried for a long time to put our differences aside for the holidays, but it just isn't worth the effort anymore. My DH and son and I are much happier not having to put on the "plastic smile" and deal with them. We can now enjoy the holiday knowing we don't have to go along to get along with them.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2010