BUMP if you think Xmas is to commercial.

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 5:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• LOL- Although my 8 y/o knows why we celebrate Christmas- I had to laugh when she said today, "For us kids Its all about sugar & presents!" Out of the mouths of babes!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Way to commercial! That is why we will not become victim to it. We do not do gifts or decorate anymore. We celebrate family have a great meal great conversation and fund together. We do have other times of the year where we give gifts. It is awesome no stress at all. It had just gotten way out of hand.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 5:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think it is only that way if YOU choose to have it that way...
    there are plenty of ways to have fun with it and celebrate without having to get caught up in all that
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• if you make it that way it is.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• My nieces said "we want presents and candy" when asked by their parents what they wanted. They are three. It can not get any simpler than that.
    There has been a struggle with secular and non-secular celebrations of Christmas probably since the 1800's. When Macy's started the parade it was evident. I keep thinking every year it is getting worse. But the truth it is at the very least centered around family. That is what is important to me.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2010