abdominal pain when coughing

Lately, just about every time I cough I get sharp pains in my lower abdomen. Usually it is only on the left side but when I stand up and cough it is all throughout. The pain isn't really bad and is immediately over after the cough ends (I am generally congested in the morning) but I worry that I may be doing something to the baby.

Sorry, FTM and I am a little paranoid sometimes.

lilith42

Asked by lilith42 at 5:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You could have just pulled a muscle coughing but I would call your doctor just to be sure.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 6:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Call your doc to be safe but usually it is due to your body making changes and it puts things in weird places, this means that your body react differently to things than it used to.
    Mom2Anarya

Answer by Mom2Anarya at 7:38 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• i had the same pains when coughing (or sneezing) earlier in my pregnancy and my Dr said it was just normal stretching & adjusting. the sudden force of the cough jolts your tight muscles even more. he said only to worry if the pain lasts long after the cough.

id still call your dr tho...it will make you feel better!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I have had that during every pregnancy so far. It really is nothing to worry about.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2010