do you do the finances or your other half?

I find it difficult to keep up with it and the kids. SO I have let him. My mom thinks I am dumb to do that. But I just don't feel that I need to do it!

tichelle

Asked by tichelle at 6:02 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• I do it. His job require(d) him to be gone months at a time - really no choice.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 6:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I take care of that if I don't it won't get done.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 6:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• He does it, I cannot keep up on everything, so that is one of the things he is responsible for.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We do them together. That way we are on the same page as to what needs to be paid first and what can be paid later and what we have leftover (if anything).
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 6:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I do them. All the women in my family have up to my mom's grandmother. I don't know if we're just strong women or know that the men in our lives were too busy making the money to pay attention to how it's spent/saved.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• together
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I had a stroke 4yrs. ago,at 36, and now numbers get all messed up in my head. You don't want me anywhere near a checkbook if it needs to be balanced. LOL!!!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 6:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I handle all of our finances. From paying the bills, to investment accounts & retirement accounts. I handle everything.

My husband has proven 1 thing repeatedly for 25 years now.. He royally sucks when it comes to finances/dealing with finances. LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:28 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We sit down every month and do a detailed budget on Excel. We also update that on what we spend and how much.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I write up the budget we agree on it together and then I manage the day to day stuff. I'm too much of a control freak and a financial nerd to let him be in charge.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 9:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2010