What is the strangest reaction you've had to food?

Have you ever had a weird reaction after eating something? Yesterday I made a Red Baron pizza (love them!) for lunch, it was the Buffalo Chicken pizza. I ate two slices and I'm not kidding, afterwards I got the shakes. My hands were shaking bad, LOL. I checked the ingredients and it had cayenne pepper listed as one, so I'm sure it was that. DH said his nose ran for 10 minutes straight afterwards, LOL. Yeah, crossing that off my list of pizzas to buy in the future. :p

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I am apparently allergic to raw Kiwi. Never had it before and one day decided I like kiwi flavored things so I got a few kiwi. I love this fruit. After I had eaten the first one and munching on the second my mouth started to itch then my throat. Very weird feeling, kind of joked about it with my hubby. Then my tongue started to swell, not to funny then. Talked to my doc about it and he said I was probably allergic to kiwi or something that was on the kiwi. I have tried kiwi once more, after eating a whole kiwi and waiting a bit the itchy mouth and throat came back so guess I'm allergic, no swelling that time. Not fair either as I love their taste.
    Jwick

Answer by Jwick at 6:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I had severe gas attacks, complete with chest pain that made me cry! It was painful!!!!
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 6:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It actually took two hours to clear.
    Hope this is not too gross!
    tryin2BGOOD

• My SO made beans in the crockpot and they were delish. Then a couple of minutes after I ate them, my whole mouth was in severe pain. There were no bumps or redness, just pain! My tongue hurt the most. He didn't put anything weird in them so I don't know what that was about.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 6:06 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I bought tiny pre packaged raw baby carrots a week ago. I washed a few and started to munch. All of a sudden my tounge swelled up and I felt my throat closing like I almost could not breath. I grabbed water & kept drinking & rinsing. The swelling made me lose my voice for a few hours, I was sooo scared! No more raw carrots for me.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I've puked a lot of times, just for nothing, after eating. It's so weird. The food tasted fine, yummy even, but then, blech, nope.
    I break out in an itchy rash when I eat strawberries. I know it's just allergies, but it makes me sad.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Cayenne pepper can make your sinuses run. I'm not sure about the shakes though.

I can't eat bananas, if I do, my lips swell up and I have to ice them down. LOL!
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:02 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I get horrible cold sores from ham - even if my food touches it. But I can eat pork & bacon no problem
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:38 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I cant drink orange juice cause I get ulcers in my mouth from it!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:13 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Ack, those are weird! Allergic reactions I guess??
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Dec. 20, 2010