Oh, sooo pissed at stepmom

I live in a small town where we don't have curbside mail delivery -- all residents must have a P.O. Box. I've ordered many packages online and they won't deliver to post office, so like I've done for several years, I had them shipped to my dad's house who lives just outside town. I spend the weekends at my fiance's house every weekend and my dad and stepmom know this.

I ordered my kids an xbox and kinect for Christmas and it arrived at my dads house. I didn't get up to get it before the weekend, and there was a huge winter storm coming. My stepmom decided to bring my packages down, without calling me to see if I was home. She left $500 worth of electronics between my door and storm door when there was a 40 mph wind and rain with snow on the way.

We got it finally, and checked to see if it worked, and it was damaged -- the storm door had slammed into it hard enough to crack the xbox and dislodged the laser eye, and we have to rush-order a new dvd-game drive to put into it before Christmas morning.

She doesn't feel she should be held responsible for the damage, simply because she dislikes me and doesn't like the close relationship I have with my dad. I'm sooo pissed that she didn't even apologize for ruining my kids' main gift.

sweet29mom

Asked by sweet29mom at 6:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• What a B****! Have you talked to your dad about this?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Well that sounds like something my mom would do. Did you talk to your Dad about it? Something like this your just going to have to let blow over. I hate to say it but some women will never change :(
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 6:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• That would piss me off too. Talk to your dad about it. As for the other problem, can you maybe put a big mailbox next to your house (or just a big wooden box) so that any big packages can be put in it?
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• that was so messed up of her
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 6:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• i think she should apologize and pay for the rush order cost. (though why arent you just getting another xbox?) but i think that you should take this as a lesson learned and not ship anything else to your dads..
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• She brought your packages, from out of town. That was very nice of her.
    The weather was bad and the boxes were damaged in the weather. That's too bad.
    Anonymous

• It was raining when she left them there. My dad called me to see if I even knew they had been left there, after getting over 3 inches of snow the night she left them there. When I told him I didn't know anything about it and what it was, he rushed to my house and put everything in my garage which does not have a lock. He doesn't yet know that we will probably have to replace the entire console, since my fiance has discovered even more problems since my post.
    sweet29mom

Comment by sweet29mom (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• thats sad. But she should pay for it. Because of her its broken. Talk to you dad.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:26 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• What a royal BI**CH! I hope you $ the extended warranty so it would cover damage. It's worth it for expensive items like that. Well, despite her, I hope you & your family have a fantastic Christmas. I hear that new Kinex is cool. Enjoy :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Legally ... what are you going to be able to pursue? (I am simply asking this as a realization question) b/c as pissed as we can get ... legally the burden of proof lies within "how did it really happen" all it takes is for no one to be able to PROVE it wasn't that way to begin with and after factory, packaging, traveling and delivery ... you see where I am going here.  So you need to take this as a lesson learned and do not send things to her home (even though it is your dad as well) unless dad is wanting to step it up and say something. HOWEVER I would definitely let her know (in no uncertain terms) what she did, how much it costs and the fact that it was the children's irregardless if she likes me or not (she would like me less that is for sure).

gambilldl

Answer by gambilldl at 6:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2010