Can I take childrens tylenol to kick the cold i have had for over a week now? i am 24 weeks pregnant.

indysownlilbit

Asked by indysownlilbit at 6:12 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you can take regualr tylenol when your pregnant
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 6:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I looked up the ingredients...and are you talking about just plain children's tylenol or are you talking about children's tylenol plus multi-symptom cold?

Because if you take just plain tylenol, it won't do anything to cure your cold, it just might make you feel a little better. But you're not supposed to take ANYTHING with phenylephrine while you're pregnant, that's one of the active ingredients in the multi-symptom version.

Have you tried Sudafed? It's safe for pregnant women and most doctors will recommend it if nothing else has worked. I've been stuck on it for months now because I've had a constant cold from being pregnant. It's annoying, but at least I'm not stuffy anymore.

Just don't take anything with phenylephrine!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:17 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• you can take anything tylenol when you are pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Nov. 9, 2008