Congestion

The doctor said its normal for newborns to have congestion... and to sneeze.. my son is almost 1 month an he is congested and sneezes A LOT.. I dont remember my daughter ever sneezing this much when she was born.. anyone else have sneezing babies :) ???

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine came out sneezing and when he startes it take him a few to stop.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 6:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes and she is only 3wks. Doc said use saline drops.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 6:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yeah. My doctor said to put saline drops in the nose and suction back out. Also run a cool air humidifier, especially in the winter.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 6:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• hmmm.. my doctor didnt say anything about the saline drops or humidifier..just that it was normal. ??? i will have to ask him when we go back to the doc
    Ross2010

Comment by Ross2010 (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• My son is 3mths and it all started at 1mth took him to the dr and I was told to use saline drops and humidifier and it has not helped at all and now he has a cough that has gotten worse I am going to take him to the dr tomorrow so hopfully they can do something about it this time around since when he coughs he chokes and I feel so bad for him :(
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 1:31 AM on Dec. 21, 2010