I'm still in love with my baby's father.

We broke up almost a year ago and he has had a girlfriend for 4 months that recently ended and she is still living with him since she has "no place to go still". Since he broke up with his ex we have been texting and talking and he told me the reason they broke up was because he told her he still loved me and if I wanted to be with him he would break up with her in a heartbeat. He has told me that he wants us to be a family again and all the old feelings I had for him are building back up. I'm really confused and I don't know what to do. My heart is telling me I love him and to be with him but my head is telling me that I shouldn't get involved with him again. His ex-girlfriend has weaseled her way back into his life before as this is not their first time he said they broke up because of me, supposedly. It feels like everything is fresh again and this whole year never happened. His ex-girlfriend is really making things hard for us to even talk anymore. I'm just really confused. Any suggestions please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Just try to remember why he is your EX.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• This is difficult. Try not to listen to your heart. And, if you do want to be with him, donĀ“t have him move back in, date him for a while, away from eachother, until you are absolutely sure that you love this man. And remember: The correct decision is usually the hardest to make. I keep reminding myself that everyday when I have a decision to make. Good Luck!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Think about your relationship before yall broke it off. Was is good, bad, ugly? Take everything into consideration. Sometimes your have to make decision with your brain and not your heart. I wish you the best of luck!!!
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 6:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Why did the two of you break it off? Did it have to do with this woman? If it did, you need to seriously think about it. I also wouldn't even consider it until she was out of his home and life--that includes the two of them texting.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• shanlaree took the words right out of my mouth!!!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• the big question is why did you guys break up in the first place?
    he cheacted on you with her?? because you said His ex-girlfriend has weaseled her way back into his life before, so if thats why he broke up with you b4 and now he wants you back whats teh gurante that no one esle will weasel into you guys....just saying.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Couples counseling. Me and my ex are sort of back together but there will be no living together again until I know its the right thing to do. Not saying a counselor can give you a clear cut answer but they can give advice and yes remember why you guys broke up. Things were crappy with my ex just a year ago this is why i am not moving too fast he has things to work out with himself nevermind me. I even told him we need to be together again for a while so if he were to move in that wouldn't happen till mid summer the earliest.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 6:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I'm actually the one texting and talking to him. The woman he was with is 25 years older than him. She is a known woman in our community that doesn't have anything to her name, property, possesions,or cars. She's leached onto men her whole life. He said he's trying to be nice and let her get on her feet but I don't feel comfortable talking to him with her still around. She glares at me and my son when she see's us at the store or anywhere. I just don't think she'll go quietly or she might even weasel her way back to him. He's the only man i've ever been with and our son is 3 now. When we are all together we're happy but since she came along and even now that they're broken up she makes it hard for us to be around each other.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Sorry, I dont buy his bull for a minute. He isnt stuck to her. He doesnt have to let her stay there. He knew how to leave the mother of his child with no problem. Until he gets his damn act together and is all in, keep him at a distance. oh, and her too.
    Anonymous

• so shes a leach type of woman who has never had a place of her own just suckers in young men or men in general to live with? WHere I am from we call this a bum b*tch even lower than welfare. I would be so grossed out from that don't think i could take him back. He takes in charity cases that will have sex with him i guess. And I thought my ex had issues lmfao.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2010