Fibromyalgia

Does it affect different parts of the body? Like just the bottom or top half of your body? How about just legs? What does it feel like? I have pain in my hip and both legs. It is very painful. I have had it for a LONG time. My legs also twitch a lot, constantly. And that hurts just in itself! I am going to see the doc tomorrow. I am just worrying about it.

matthew9_22

Asked by matthew9_22 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Health

• I have fibromyalgia, and yes it affects different parts of the body at different times with varying degrees of pain. I also get leg spasms, and hand and back spasms, along with pain shooting down either leg. If i sleep flat on my back, I sometimes wake up with my legs completely numb and with no feeling. I'm so so sorry if this is what you have, since I had serious reactions to the medication Lyrica that is used to treat it.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 7:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I would try exercise and eating right before you go on medication.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 7:26 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I have been dx'ed with Fibromyalgia and Psoriatic arthritis. the fibro affects every part of my body in varying degrees depending on the day. my arthritis affects my joints which is very painful, so much that I honestly don't notice a lot of the muscle pain from my fibro lol i guess thats a good thing. i'm on muscle relaxers for the spasms that my fibro causes.

there are medications that can help fibro in some, but one of the best treaments is exercise especially water aerobics. But because many ppl find that the pain is to hard to bear to even begin excercising, they opt to try the meds first and once they get some relief they go on to excercise.

good luck, message me if you ever want to talk
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:43 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I don't know what that is?
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 9:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Is it a annoying pain and twitch?  I get those a lot, in my legs.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 9:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I have it and yes it does affect different parts, I eat right, do yoga and relax myself plus have an awesome hubby who massages me every evening and mine has gotten so much better.. but I agree you need to see your Dr, they can tell you and prescribe meds to help with it also.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 7:20 PM on Dec. 21, 2010