I am a married mom of 2, struggling thru each day...

trying to be upbeat and happy for my children, esp. this time of year. My husband is addicted to pills and though he is living with us, it is basically just me and my girls. I feel lonely and try every day to make the best for my children. Any other moms out there in the same place? Want to chat? Thanks...just having a really crappy day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• im not in the same place as far as the hubby with the problem. im sorry ur going through this. i hope that there is someone near u that you can talk too.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 7:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I'm so sorry things are so hard for you right now. My husband isn't an addict, I'm so thankful for that! Rather, he broke his back at work and , can't pick up anything or help at all - so the 5 kids, house responsibilities, work, etc are all on me. It gets hard, doesn't it??!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 7:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• You need to be so strong. You have to get your husband help, before it is too late. I know he doesn't want to be addicted. Can you get him to a Dr., a group, a rehab, a church. They have to want to do it for themselves. But if they are always high and they do not see a light, they have need to be aided.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I agree with tootoobusy. He needs help before it's to late
    airmanswifey02

Answer by airmanswifey02 at 8:00 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• i have not been in your situation, but as a social worker i have counseled those who have...know that addictions are life long, especially pill addictions and that even if he gets clean, it will still be a daily struggle. i have been on morphine for nearly a year due to cancer and i never truly understood addiction until my body became dependant on opiates. i think its very important for EVERY member of your family to see a good therapist that specializes in addiction. even if you cant get him to go, you and your children need to. if you have a good therapist i truly does help you cope and get your life together as best as possible.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Been there- DONE THAT....

If it is just to get "HIGH" ?

Get rid of him, come talk to me ♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2010