V shaped vein on forehead?

My little one has a V that seems to show up on her forehead when she gets angry, I'm assuming it's a vein? It's centered, and like the bottom of the V points toward her nose. I've never seen this before. It's creepy. LOL I been meaning to ask the MD, but keep forgetting. (she is only 2 mo) So at my next visit I will. Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Finally, one I can answer!!! I had that as an infant. They call it, "the third eye of wisdom" or that your baby was kissed by an angel! It's a birthmark that goes away. Unless the child gets upset. It's perfectly normal! My daughter has a slight variation of the same birthmark, as did my brother's son that was born last year. There's nothing wrong! It's awesome! I love telling people about it! Mine popped out while I was delivering, and if I'm extremely upset, it'll still show it's color! I'm 25 now, and it's still around. You can't see it normally. Don't worry, your little one is fine. It's not a vein, just a birthmark!
    Lillysmomma1024

Answer by Lillysmomma1024 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I have seen that on another baby before. Just ask the pedi. I also had a friend who had a vein on her cheek that looked like a lightning bolt.

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 9:08 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• My son has the same thing. It's actually a cherry birthmark. It only shows up when he cries and gets all worked up.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 12:41 PM on Nov. 9, 2008