how old is too old for an age difference in a relationship?

im feeling attracted to my boss at work. im 23 and hes 31. im wondering if he would even be interested since he is so much older, and my boss. and i wonder if he would be way more mature then me. what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• There should be no age limit on love. If you are attracted then you are attracted, but remember that he is your boss.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think the only time age limits should matter is if the girl is too young (under 17) and the man is way too old to be with a teen (over 20).
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 7:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• There should absolutely be an age limit. If it's not a problem now, it will eventually be one down the road when you grow in separate directions. With that said, you two are not to old for each other. Rule of thumb...if he's old enough to be your father or young enough to be your son...it's a no go. I'ld say anything past 15 years either way is a bit much.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• One of my friends says as long as they're legal and not so much older that they can be your dad. I'm 34 and I personally would not date a guy under 21 (and I doubt I'd even date a 21 year old).
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• sidesplittinglaughterYou're worried that a 31 year old guy would be more mature than you?  (Hehehe, just had to throw that in there).

TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• There is NO age limit on love, but the fact that hes your boss kind of sucks. Most places you can not date unless you hide your realtionship (which is super hard). Good Luck!!! Hope all your dreams come true. ;)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think as you get older age doesn't matter as much, my step- dad is 13 years older than my mom and they have been married for around 20 years now.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think if he's say 15+ years older that would probably be a problem but you two aren't that far apart. BUT he is your boss.
    airmanswifey02

Answer by airmanswifey02 at 7:43 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• i am 22 and my hubby is 31 ... there are only a few things that age has ever appeared in our relationship... like hmm the only thing i can think of is his silly "eyeball" saying ..... it means i told you so.... but thats how they said it in high school.. lol and that really isn't showing much on age is it??? we are great together... and enjoy so much of the same things.. i guess it goes back to the ole .. boys mature slower than girls.. we are about the same maturity level
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I agree the older you get the less age matters. my sister and her husband are 7 years apart and they have been together for 9 years, my sister was 23 and my BIL was 30 when they started dating. I would think that him being your boss would be more of a concern then the age difference.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2010