Clingy baby!!!!

My 8 month old is so whiney, clingy. She gives me no time at all. I have to hold her all day or she whines and crys holding onto my leg. I cant get any of my housework done, and then my DH gets mad when he comes home and nothing is done (He works 14 hours a day and comes home maybe 30 minutes after the baby goes to bed, so I have 30 minutes to do ALL of my house work!)
Any advice? I cant deal with this another day!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your baby is acting absolutely normal! Take a deep breath and remind yourself that this is what you signed up for! She needs you 24/7 right now. Get a sling and put her in it to get your housework done. Keep her right with you while you do the laundry etc. Squat down on the floor with her and have her help you put the clothes into the dryer. Strap her to your back while you vacuum.
    If hubby comes home to a less-than-perfect house remind him that you had a very important job to do all day, caring for your baby! Leave her with him for a couple of hours on his day off and ask him how much he got done!!!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• put the baby in a baby carrier.. i had to do it when i had my daughter.. this way both ur hands r free..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• She is 8 months now, she isnt happy in the baby carrier. Not all babies like the carriers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• If you have a playpen, walker jumperoo or anything like that just put her in it so you can get done what needs to be done. She may cry but let her, it's OK.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 8:58 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Do you have a trusted friend or family member who could come and pick her up and keep her for a short while maybe twice a week. This way she can get use to the idea of you not being around her all the time and it will also provide you free time to clean the house. Have you checked into "Mother's Day Out" at local churches? They normally have a program during the week where you can drop your baby off for like 2 hrs. This is an age where they can have separationanxiety. There is no particular reason this happens.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:04 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Music. Put music on and dance around with out her. If you have a play pen, use it and ask her to dance. Or buy some books, for her age and when you need to do something around the house, give it to her and ask her to look at the ................ Hope it will work. Or just walk around the house and do what you've got to do and she'll folllow you, just keep smiling.
    chellenout

Answer by chellenout at 9:51 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• It's pretty normal at this age... maybe you can have DH read up on the developmental stages for this age. That or have him stay home with her for the day and try to get things done ;-). Babies are only little once, there will always be housework. I like PP suggestions, too... music, books. Try giving her a little dustcloth or toy cleaning object?
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:29 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Went through w/ my twins. Do u have a walker or play saucer to put her in? Different toy's to play w/ ? Snacks like puffs to eat?
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 1:05 PM on Nov. 9, 2008