gall bladder...

Anyone had theirs removed? Im getting mine removed after the hoildays. Just wondering how it went and how bad the pain was. Thanks. (Sucks, now Im on a fat free diet even throughout Christmas, its going to be a long day LOL)

kiansmom0423

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Health

• Oddly, I am having mine removed in 2 months. From what I have heard, its not that bad. The thing I don't get, and no doctor seem to want to explain, is the diet before hand. I understand, no spicy, greasy. But its the low fat part I don't get. How much fat is ok to have? Heard somewhere 5grams a meal and to eat 6 small meals and not 3 big ones, but, thats just from the internet. Then some sites say no cokes, some sites say they are ok. I'm confused lol.
    dustbunni

Answer by dustbunni at 3:50 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I had mine removed when i was 18 weeks pregnant. they found the gallstones when i was 9 wks,(had an attack) and the fat-free diet didn't work so i had to have taken out.

It was done laprascopicly. and was in the hospital overnight, only because of my pregnancy and they had trouble controlling the pain with just a loritab, probably because of my big tummy lol

It only took a few weeks to be healed even with my growing belly.

good luck.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• A friend of mine had his gallbladder removed. He said he was feeling better by day 2, but I don't know how much pain he was in before then. Just remember, no fried foods!
    LilLegs

Answer by LilLegs at 7:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I had mine out as an emergency surgery 3 years ago. I was in pain and the gall stones were blocking part of my liver? I felt better right away, but that could have been the drugs. But I was off of work for 3 weeks.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I had mine out as an emergency as well. I was in the hospital for 3 days afterwords but was flying home with 3 kids by myself within 5 days of the surgery. The pain was minimal compared the attacks and was totally worth it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Can't help ya.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 9:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2010