sex for labor!

ok so i just made my EX have sex with me to get this baby out LOL... how long after you had sex did u go into labor?? and what exactly makes u go into labor after sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Intercourse is thought to help bring on labor. The sperm contains prostaglandin which can help soften the cervix. It's suggested that you use a position that will encourage the semen to pool at the cervix.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 10:02 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I guess the sperm helps to soften the cervix and I also heard that sex with women on top is more likely to start labor
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:58 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• It has to be "alot of sex" is what my doc told me. The reason being is there is a chemical in the sperm that softens the cervix, it's not the act itself that puts you into labor. The more sperm on your cervix the softer it gets.
    I would have to suggest you walk alot, it's more likely to put you into labor, and drink rasberry leaf tea that can help too.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 10:01 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• But it doesn't always work. It isn't something I tried, but my sister did and it didn't hurry her into labor. Walking also helps. Sex will only help soften the cervix if your baby is ready to be born.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:21 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Right after my water broke while i was having sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I tried this method, didn't work for me.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 9, 2008