My 9 month old little girl wakes up at least twice every night, any suggestions on how to help her sleep better?

She never was such a fussy sleeper before, and at first I thought it was just teething, but she still has the same 5 teeth. I wish I could help her get better rest. and me too.

jillyfairy

Asked by jillyfairy at 3:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Unfortunately I am in the same boat with my 6 month old. Here is what we have done that has helped most nights... we no longer give him any fruits or veg after 6pm, I have tried to be very good about getting him in bed by 9pm and we have white noise going all the time. The doctor told us he is waking himself up at the end of the REM sleep cycle and he just has to get used to getting himself back to sleep. Good Luck. Let me know if you find anything that actually works more than every once in a while.
    lsc904

Answer by lsc904 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• my daughter was born in September and i have had that problem all so the past week i have been making one packet of the regular Quaker oatmeal with 1 1/4 cup of water and microwaving it for 3 mins. then i let it cool a little bit and add some of her vanilla yo baby yogurt and give her it around 9pm she has been sleeping much longer last night she only woke up once to feed. also she is a light sleeper so this weekend has been hell with the fire works. good luck
    rachelisamail

Answer by rachelisamail at 6:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• well you can get the johnsons bathtime lotion and ody wash and right when you think he or she is redy to sleep then u give them a warm bath...thatalways works for m y daughter... tilll this day i still have to do it and she is already 13 months...so maybe trying that it might work
    ladythorp

Answer by ladythorp at 7:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• when she wakes up the first time feed her, or do w/e it is that you do. When she wakes up the second time, don't freak out, leave her there. It will show her that she doesn't really NEED to get up twice, soon you will be able to eliminate the first wake up too. Healthy sleep habits, happy baby... awesome book.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• i know in the past week my daughter has been waking up once a night. i know i rock her a little and she goes back to sleep until 5am for her feeding before i go to work. she was sleeping all night so i am hoping she goes back to sleeping the whole night again.
    shadowia30

Answer by shadowia30 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• try feeding them less and less every time they wake up and as the nights go on do the same until you are to the point of soothing them with something other then the bottle. It'll be easier to get them back to sleep if they aren't use to the filling of their belly. Also maybe try making sure they eat close to bed time and if you are feeding them a bottle or bf then wake them up until they are done if they dose off.
    zlcjones

Answer by zlcjones at 11:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• What i did was give mine a bottle right before bed, and i let him cry himself to sleep ( which he dosent do anymore now he goes right to sleep) and if he woke up in the middle of the night, let him cry himself to sleep, but i would never let him cry more than 30 mins. and now he goes to bed without a problem and if he wakes up he can put himself back to sleep.
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 7:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2008