is it safe not to eat while pregnant if you are sick? I am 7 weeks today

I am just asking because like I know they say when you are pregnant you need to get so many caleries a day. Yesterday after I got to church my stomach started hurting, but to much then we came home dh bought us wendys for lunch which I ate half of my frosty and then I ate a small fry and 1 sandwhich I couldn't eat my other sandwhich because my stomach started hurting more. I went to bed at about 5 because I wasn't feeling good so which ment I went to bed without dinner. I woke up this morning throwing up so I didn't eat I didn't even take my vitamins yet. I new I had to eat something so at about 11 or 12 this afternoon I did eat like 5 of thhose crackers those kinds you put in soup. Then at about 4 I ate 1 and a half poptarts, but that is all I have eaten. Is it ok that I didn't eat all day with me being 7 weeks pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am not sure... I would call your doctor/advice nurse. Feel better!
    aurora503

Answer by aurora503 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• 1st you should start eating healthier!

2nd is it safe not to eat in general? NO
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 7:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Just eat what you can. Eat some crackers and drink some Ginger Ale. Hope you feel better.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 7:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Its fine if its only one day here and there. dry eating small bland meals, not wendys lol(though i love it too lol)

try broth soups, like chicken noodle, eat less in one sitting but more meals througout the day.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

I am not eating like this all the time I did today because I was trying to eat something light and that is all we had light
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Sour tummy, lack of appetite, and throwing up are common in most pregnancy. It should get better by the end of the 1st trimester. If you throw up too much you should contact your doctor. It is not health to not eat and you should try to take your vitamins on a daily basis. Get as much food and fluids into your system that you can during the day. Good luck and hopefully the stomach settles down soon.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

I don't eat out all the time this is the first time we ate out in a while and it was after church. My youngst3 year old was sick on tuesday so I think that is where I got it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Your body is probably rejecting the junk food you're putting into it. First off, babies take their nutrients from YOUR body stores first, so the little one is fairly safe in there, barring your own absolute starvation. If you're nauseated, get out of bed slowly, nibble a few crackers and ginger ale first. You may also want to keep some lemon essential oil by the bed to sniff when the nausea hits.

But you need to start eating better, definitely. Otherwise, you're putting your body into vitamin and mineral depletion and potentially the fetus too, if your diet continues this way. (This can contribute to osteoporosis, tooth loss, etc. later in your life!) Also, the high fat, high sodium, high sugar junk food increases your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, pre-eclampsia and gestational diabetes.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

I think I cought something from my 3 year old dh was sick today too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• when i was pregnant with 3 yr old son, i got both morning sickness and the flu at about 4 weeks, so i know how you feel.

i so sick that I couldn't keep anything down including water, and had to go in and get an iv.

if you keep having trouble keeping down food and liquid, call your doc and they can give you something to hopefully bring down the sickness.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2010