Is Sarah Palin the scapegoat?

It seems like the Republican Party is making Sarah Palin the scapegoat for why they lost the election. This, to me, is very wrong and the gossip and hurt it has created is one that will make many Republican Voter's think twice again. The reason for losing the election mainly has to do with the economy and the fact that so many people are looking for hope and change. How many, like me, think that John McCain needs to step up and defend her??? After all, she was HIS choice for VP.

foreverb3

Asked by foreverb3 at 9:28 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• It's not the ENTIRE Republican Party, it is mostly his Aids. And Yes, I think John McCain needs to defend. He stood by her has he selected Palin, he needs to do the same with his Aids. He owes no explanation to the media as that would just make a bigger issue of it. He needs to see who this "cowardly" unknown source is and see why they are so bitter.

I also think the media has no one to "pounce on" since the election is over and they are still looking in her direction for this type of dirt and useless news...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:39 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• mostly a few of his aids.. Pardon me for not completing that statement...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:40 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Oh yes! If it wasn't for sarah, john mccain would not have gotten the votes he received. Where is john mccain in defending sarah, it really doesn't matter, that woman can take care of herself. I am an independent thinker, and would like to see sarah come over to the Independent party for 2012..
    yiayiaann

Answer by yiayiaann at 9:45 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I am an independent thinker, and would like to see sarah come over to the Independent party for 2012..

Hrmmmm... Interesting thought....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:53 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• McCain needs to tread carefully with regards to Palin at this point. She brought the conservative vote to him and needs to still appear strong for her future in politics. McCain stepping in and trying to make things better for her may backfire and make her look weak. I think instead of standing up for her, he should speak out against those leaking things to the media. I have a hard time believing what I am hearing, and it's more likely that the people working for his campaign feel like they have been cheated as well, so they are going to blame SOMEONE.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:01 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Yes I think they are using her as a scapegoat. I also think John McCain made a mistake in picking her and he is realizing it now. I know alot of people that were going to vote for McCain but changed their mind once they found out who his VP was. I think people should just leave her alone and it should be done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I feel really bad for her, personally I really like her! With more experience I think she would make a great leader and reformer. McCain did not run the best campaign he missed a lot of opportunities. I guess people just need someone to blame and she's the easiest target.
    JMGouge

Answer by JMGouge at 10:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Yes it is playing the blame game and Sarah is the target.....!
    BonJovilover

Answer by BonJovilover at 10:26 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• What about the gossip and hurt created by the Obama bashers? It's Karma. What comes around goes around. You reap what you sow.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• That's stupid dragonfly. That's not how karma works.
    Oh, and I don't want to miss this opportunity. As we conservatives have been told so many times already by the left, the man isn't in office yet. You also don't know what he will do once he is there. I wouldn't be so quick to dole out the karma just yet. I hear she is a bitch. What goes around, comes around indeed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Nov. 9, 2008