How much is Ameriplan dental? Is it better to pay out of pocket?

Can someone tell me how much Ameriplan Dental and Vision costs? Also what does it cover. DH maybe laid off and he will lose our dental and vision so I want to get it through my work. However they only offer $20 a month 2 free cleanings and 80% of work and 50% of orthdontics and I think it is even less the first 2 years. Vision is 50% of an eye exam and eye glasses.

Please let me know what type of discounts you get through Ameriplan. Is it cheaper to get dental work through the dental schools? Do dental schools do orthondontics

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Money & Work

• Right now they are having a awesome promotion going on for members! It only costs $20 dollars this month to get started! You can save up to 80%! If you have any other questions feel free to send me a message!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 9:46 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Hey! I work with Ameriplan and it actually sounds like your dental plan would be better for you. With Ameriplan you will save up to 80% on all work done by the dentist. With preventitive work being around 80% and restorative between 25-65%. 50% off orthodintics and up to 60% off vision and chiropractic and up to 80% of prescritption. The plan is $19.95/month for your entire household. So, it costs about the same as your does but with yours you get the 2 free cleanings. Now, if you didn't have your dental insruance then Ameriplan would be best, obviously.
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 2:17 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Does your insurance cover 80% of ALL work done...even root canals, bridges, etc? Because I know that some insurance doesn't cover anything like that so in that case Ameriplan might be better. Do you need prescription and chiropractic because those are included in Ameriplans dental plan? If not, I would probably say keep your insurance. I don't know about dental schools...there are none in my area. If you ahve any more questions please let me know:-)
    sassyhettel

• Hi Ameriplan is great. If you want to know more check the website as well:
    Click Here
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 1:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Ameiplan covers as many cleanings as you want. You have to pay $19.95 for a whole family for a month. This plan includes DENTAL, VISION, CHIROPRACTOR, PRESCRIPTION.
    You pay month by month, you can cancel anytime.

Save 24% - 65% on all restorative and cosmetic work (fillings, crowns, braces, etc.)
    Save 50%-60% on crowns and root canals
    * Save up to 80% on preventative work (teeth cleaning, x-rays, etc.)
    * Specialist's fees are discounted 25% (Periodontists, Endodontists, Pedontists, Oral Surgeons, Orthodontists and Prosthodontists).
    * Cosmetic Dentistry Included! Such as bleaching or aesthetic bonded finishes in selected market and implants!
    * Braces for both adults and children are included!

My husband is seeing the chiropractor now and when he started he paid $95.00 for a consulation, X-rays and examination. I thought it was pretty good.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 2:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Hello, I do not know much about ameriplan but I have had asp dental and optical savings plan and I only pay 12.95 a month. I was able to get a crown for $300 and I get my kids teeth cleaned for $20. And you may think this is neat but they gave me a free phone too. I got the plan from www.aspcoverage.com
    LatoyaMoms

Answer by LatoyaMoms at 1:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2009