Christians: What is your Favorite part of Christmas Eve Mass/Service?

I love it when they dim the lights and we sing 'Silent Night' by candlelight!

christmas service

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 7:51 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have never been but hope to go this year.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 8:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I hope you get to go, Snewo. You'll have a wonderful time. :-)
    SavageGrl

Comment by SavageGrl (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• That is also my favorite part ... I love singing Silent Night by candlelight.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 8:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Thank you!
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 9:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• ive never been to a Christmas church service of any kind. but im going to one Wednesday night and im hoping it will be as beautiful as im imagining it will be. singing by candlelight sounds wonderful!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I do not go to Christmas eve services as we do not have one. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Oh for me it's everything. For us it's one of the High Holy days. The inscence, The readings, the Gospel, the Angus Dei, the Santus, the bells, the songs, The colors and joy. The fact that we get to Church on this most holy of days. That here we don't have to hide. And I even love the Christmas and Easter Catholics there. I have a tendency to pray that they will continue to come to Church more. The spirituality of this Mass can be awe inspiring.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:59 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• We go to an old Lutheran church that was started by Germans. Our Christmas Eve service is for the kids to do. So that is always special but also because of the Germans we sing one verse of Silent Night in German. Last year I had the kids learn it so that they could show that the tradition would not die. They sang a verse by themselves and then the congragation sang it and then we sang the rest in English. We don't do candles with it being the childrens service. I do miss that one. But I love that the kids take such a part in the service!!
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 12:12 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• When I was a Christian, I really liked when they played the bells at our church. I also thought it was really pretty when the candle flame was passed around for everyone to light each others candles at the candlelight service.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I'm with you. The candlelight with Silent Night gives me chills.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 3:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2010