Groups

Maybe I'm searching for the wrong thing... but are there any CM groups for moms of terminally ill children?

AAAMama

Asked by AAAMama at 8:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Kids' Health

• the only group I could find was for Chronic Illness. You could always start your own group.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I'm glad I wasn't the only one - maybe no one likes to think about that part of parenting - I'd rather not think about it myself, but need support and to know that even thought it's horrible, I'm not the only one.
    AAAMama

Comment by AAAMama (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• try starting your own group and post a journal about it. HUGS!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I am not sure what else you would search for unless you looked for the actual illness maybe? I am so sorry that you are dealing with this and in need of a group and I wish you luck in finding one. I am sure it would help out to be able to talk to other Mom's going through the same thing. Like the others said, maybe you could start the group. Maybe others are looking and not able to find anything but just don't start one. You are in my thoughts & prayers.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:05 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• You could try one of the special needs children groups, as some of the members do have children who are terminally ill or, like my child, their children have a life-threatening/life-limiting disease or disorder. If those don't fit your needs well enough, then I would suggest doing as the others have also suggested and say start a group of your own. Peace be with you.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:44 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• i would look up the actual illness... i know for my daughters heart condition (which is not necessarily 'terminal" but is progressive) there are groups for congenital heart defects... but i didnt find any for progressive issues....
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:10 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I'd start your own group if you can't find one. I'm surprised there isn't already a group. Best of luck.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Search up in the toolbar.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2010