TEXAS!!!

Ok this is kinda weird for me but here we go. We just moved to Eastern Texas from NW Montana and have been here for 2 weeks. Have been looking for a good group to get into but every time i find a group it's not active or the owner isn't even a memeber any more, lol.
All I'm really trying to accomplish is finding people to at least socialize with. My husband is deployed and we have only his mother here other than that NO other family/friends. Kinda lost now on what to do, I have never been this far away or even out of my element this far. ANY SUGGESTIONS??? I have tried to find social kiddie events, tried the visitors center and chamber of commerces etc. The girls are not yet of school age but will be next year, at least one of them will be.

megarisav

Asked by megarisav at 8:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm not in any groups but I life in Huntsville, TX
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 8:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• So where at in tx...jus curious...my bro in law is in el paso right now and who knows next...he jus got back from iraq for 3rd time 2 months ago!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Not sure if they have park and rec there. That is how I met some of the moms I hang with. They had local play groups listed and I started going to them. I would also consider calling the school to see if they are aware of any local play groups or maybe they can put you in touch with moms who have children in school and younger children as well.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Have you tried looking at ACS. I know here they have a group that gets together every tuesday from 9 to 11. I hope you find something. I know how hard that is. I have been lucky so far and DH has not deployed. I hope your husband comes home safe.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We are in Nacogdoches. It's about hour and half from Shreveport, LA, 2 hours or so from Houston, approximately 4 hours from Dallas/Ft. Worth. Lol almost feel as though we are ALMOST everywhere but not quite there... lol
    megarisav

Comment by megarisav (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Try looking up the groups on here and see if there is one for mom's living in Texas and see if anyone lives near you. i know how you feel though, we live in a very small town and there aren't any families around here that are close enough to have play dates.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• OP, I'm in Lufkin. Just about 20 minutes south of you. If you want to add me as a friend, that'd be great. I know about moving here and not knowing anyone. We did it 12 years ago.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:15 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Wow!!! I actually found my way to and from Lufkin last Thursday but got kinda lost in town... lol...
    megarisav

Comment by megarisav (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2010