2 bloody noses in 1 week...never had one before in my life?

I got a bloody nose today and just had one last week. The one last week was a clot looking chunk of blood, following by runny blood. The one today came out of no where. Runny blood as well. I have never had a bloody nose in my entire life! What the heck caused me to have 2 in one week? I'm not sick or anything. ??? Help?

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Health

• It could be caused by cold dry weather and possibly being dehydrated. You can try hydrating the skin in your nose with Vaseline (just put a little on a Q-tip and apply to the inside of your nose) and drink more water =)
    newmommy10.5.10

Answer by newmommy10.5.10 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Mine does that when I'm around a lot of dry heat (at home or in the car)
    bbbrussell20

Answer by bbbrussell20 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I get bloddy noses when pregnant. Could be you are about to get a sinus infection. The weather.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:00 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• *bloody*
    tiddliwinks

• Ditto! Cold air outside & how dry the air is when you heat it can make your nose REALLY dry out. Like these ladies said, try Vaseline & drink lots, & 2 other suggestions- use saline spray before the Vaseline (this makes sure there's moisture to hold in) & wrap a thick scarf around your mouth & nose when you have to go outside- this helps keep the cold air out.

KA91

Answer by KA91 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It is good that it came out. I wouldn't worry.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 9:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• dry weather for sure. Try Ocean Saline Nasal Spray (or the store brand) - it's not medicated so you can use it all the time - it's only saline. It will help heal your nose and keep it moist to prevent recurrence!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2010