Why do ppl text instead of calling?

Its one thing when you're at work or school, but when you both are texting from home? I don't get it????? Is talking going to become a lost art too?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 9:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Technology

• I text because it is easier to just quit texting then it is to get off the phone talking. If I decide I dont wanna talk to that certain person I just dont respond
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 9:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Sometimes it is just easier than getiin caught in a conversation. I much prefer it over talking on the phone. I would much rather talk to someone in person but am not good on the phone.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Sometimes I just don't want to talk so I text instead.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 9:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I text two people while at home...

1) the woman I car pool with because if there is a change of plan I do not want to call her at 6am and wake the whole house. I know she is awake because she lets the dog out.

2) my teens. If they are with their friends I will get a more honest and quick response when their friends can not hear half of the conversation. I will text and they will tell me if they are board, who is with them, etc. If I call they really get embarrassed.... they WILL tell me or they WILL come home... but if I dont have to embarrass them to get the info then why do it???

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 9:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I HATE talking on the phone - plus, I have 6 kids and it's usually loud around here... so I text - I can text while my kids are in the tub, while I'm cooking supper and doing laundry and doing anything - I use a LOT of texting and I much prefer it. :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 9:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Well im def one of these people! I do it because I find it's the easiest way to have a conversation without getting interrupted by my kiddos, the phone ringing, door bell ringing, laundry needing to be folded, messed needing to be cleaned up. Most of my friends are the same way so they don't mind it one bit. We can have a conversation on our own time limit lol Now if it's something REALLY important then I call.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I text alot while working or if i know I can't et off the phone fast but rather to talk and have coffee with bff but with families its hard to have time
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 9:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Dh and I text each other at home because we don't want to wake the kids - usually he texts me from bed and wants me to come look at our youngest.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes when I just want to tell someone one thing without having an entire discussion I prefer to text.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Its so much easier to ask a quick question or drop someone a quick "hello" or " just thinking about you". Plus you could save on daytime/night time minutes. For others its just a fun way to communicate other than doing the norm.
    Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2010