Is sending Christmas Cards becoming a thing of the past too?

We use to get so many Christmas cards. In the past two years, it has diminished to over 75%. What's up with that? Did we forget how to write too????? Plz keep it clean. thank u

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 9:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• Not at our home... we are busting with cards!

I only keep the ones with photos or letters. I never understood sending out a plain old card with just a signature... so impersonal. I toss those right away.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 9:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• You are not alone on this one! We used to get so many cards now we just get a few! I sent mine out but I don't think I have sent as many either as I sent in the past!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We still get several from church, but don't get many in the mail. That's ok - with 6 kids, homeschooling, an injured husband and a part time job - I don't have time to write them out either, so I don't get too bumbed about it.

Now, I CAN say this - I work for Hallmark and have been SHOCKED at how many cards we've sold in our store this year - it's my first holiday to work there so I've just experienced it new :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 9:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We don't get that many cards anymore, either. Seems as if it is a tradition that's gone by the wayside. Sad,too.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Not for me i love sending out Christmas cards...
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 9:24 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I still send out cards but not as many as I used to. My only reason is I just don't have the money to send out that many cards this year. I think a lot of people feel this way.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Honestly, I think people just run out of time. Plus, every year it seems like postage goes up, so it gets more expensive just to send them. I really had all intentions of sending some out this year though, but with 3 kids and being due with my 4th any day now, I just didn't get a chance to.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I haven't really seen the number drop, but we've never had that many to begin with. I probably send out about 30 cards each year, and I'm kind of particular about who I send them to. I did read an article recently about how social media is beginning to replace the traditional Christmas card. It's kind of sad because I enjoy receiving them, especially ones with pictures.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Thank you! I'm happy to hear some are still doing it. If you'd like to send one: My name is Cheryl Palmer address: 411 E Front St. Anaconda, Mt 59711 It would be nice to hear from someone. With my sister passing a few weeks ago, its been hard knowing she got mine, but wasn't able to get one out...

AAA Mama can I help you in any way? I know its late, but if you want some help, I'd help you? Let me know... even if its after Christmas, if you want me to send out cards for you, just let me know. It is my ministry.... to send cards to encourage others.... Let me know.

Merry Christmas to you all! Thank you for stopping by and sharing your answers with me!
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I just did not get to it this year but I will next year. However we have only about 15 cards this year.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2010