what am i doing wrong?

my boys.. 4.5 and 2.5, who share a room, used to go to bed so well, some milk a movie and lights out! now they fight me every step of the way.. its now been an hour and a half of fighting them and they are still awake? ive tried being nice, being mean, taking away the tv and just plain waiting it out.. but last night it took 4 hours. one of them throw ing up and still they woke up in the middle of the night... im exausted and so over it.. im up for suggestions please help me!!!!!

2boysmommy.js

Asked by 2boysmommy.js at 9:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Are you saying they have a tv in their room?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Cut out the movie. Do bath, snack, read a book and lights out. Take away their favorite things the following day and continue until they can start to earn back what they have lost by being quiet at lights out.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• There is NO REASON children of this age should have a tv in their room. As the PP said - bedtime routine: bath, snack, story and lights out. Simple. If they get out of bed, return them to their bed. Engage in NO conversation. just keep taking them back and say "it's bedtime". I discipline my kids and when I went through this with my kids, it was one time returning to bed with "it's bedtime". The next one was discipline. They didn't do it much more after that. Make sure they know you MEAN BUSINESS!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:27 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• well im not taking the tv out of their room. i mean business i spend on average of 2 hours a night draging them abck to bed, after the 2nd time we dont talk to them. ive even tried spanking them when they get up... maybe they really just arent tired.... iven bought 3 books on getting children to sleep and all have failed!
    2boysmommy.js

Comment by 2boysmommy.js (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Dec. 21, 2010