Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if my babys father is a felon.. when i file for child support will he get visitation if its not violent felons? just wondering

he has a baby by someone else and i do not want my daughter around the other woman because he left me for her. I am going to file for child support and sopmeone told me that he dint have any rights if hes a felon... he is and it not for violent crimes so i was wondering if this is true

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in General Parenting

Answers (5)
  • Yes, he has rights felon or not. File for support.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

  • I don't know if its the law, but I would think it would only help your case.

    Answer by drowninginboys at 10:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

  • IDRK because I think it varies from state to state. I would call your Domestic Relations office (what we call it in PA) to find out more because they should be able to ive you a more definitive answer.

    Answer by LovingParent08 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

  • He still has rights, however, depending on what he did, you can use it against him to get only supervised visits. Even if it's not violent, you may be able to use it. I would bring it up to the judge. Don't say it in such a way that you sound petty or anything, and don't bring up the other child/mother, just say that he's been convicted of X and you're concerned about the safety of your child in his care and you'd like to request supervised visitation. The judge may consider it. Good luck!

    Answer by tropicalmama at 10:17 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

  • He does indeed have rights, you want to revoke them ..he must be taken to court and you must tell the judge every detail of why you dont want him in your life and your childrens lives,

    Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:11 PM on Nov. 9, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.