What do you think of people who name their baby with the same name as someone famous like an entertainer?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 9:36 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Baby Names

• I was named after Traci on the Partridge Family because my brother had a crush on Traci. However, my parents really liked the name. I guess it depends on the reasoning behind naming your child. I named my daughter Abby because we love the name, but we also love Abby on NCIS.
    tracimed

Answer by tracimed at 7:45 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I'm ok with it, as long as they like it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think it is their business since it is their child.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• ethan was after a character on passions (not necessarily famous but on tv) and my aunt named her's after philip on y&r, runs in the family lol
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think they must like that name a lot to name their child that.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 10:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Such as. . . .?
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 9:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Nothing, There are many reasons why someone names their child something and how would you know it was after a famous person? It could be that the name is a family name or the parents have liked the name for a long time.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think it's fine....It depends on the name and who it would be after though as to whether or not I'd do it...i named my youngest after the personality of Maryanne on Gilligan's Island as opposed to Ginger.....and I was named after Tammy in the old movies.....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It sure does not bother me any,if they like it that's all that matters.we named our son an acters name.We did not do it to name him after this certain actor but we just liked his name and plus we had not come up with another name we both liked.
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 11:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I think it depends. My brother was named Sean after Sean Connery, but my parents didn't use Connery as part of his name (which I think would have been strange). I know people who actually named their son Austin Powers (their last name was Powers and they chose the name Austin AFTER the movies came out). To me, that's odd. It's just setting up your child for all sorts of comments and teasing.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 12:43 AM on Dec. 21, 2010