Curious

I am pregnant for the second time and looking forward to having this baby the same way I had the first, laboring with my husband and having my midwife deliver.
What I am curious about is how you are having your baby and why?
I am just curious. :)

reflect1light

Asked by reflect1light at 10:15 AM on Nov. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Amen to navy-wife who said birth is not a procedure! Everyone acts like it's this huge medical procedure when really it's one of the most natural things. Women were having babies in the middle of the woods thousands of years ago and they did just fine. I am tired of people insisting that I should have my baby in a hospital, with an epidural so that I don't feel anything. I am not having a homebirth because my husband would be way too stressed about it. But I am planning on delivering naturally with no pain meds. I will labor at home as long as I possibly can and then go to the hospital at the last minute. It's a little easier for me though because the hospital is about half a mile away from me.
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 10:53 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I'm having my third c-section. The first time was b/c my son's head just wouldn't come out and they ended up doing an emergency c-section, the seond time our daughter was stillborn and too fragile to come naturally. So after 2 already they didn't give me a choice about this one.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• AshJoe05-
    If they gave you a choice would you want to try something different or do you like doing it that way?
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:30 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Well... I went through a rough labor with my first so being that I already had two c-sections I probably wouldn't risk VBAC
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• leoan...
    I am having a scheduled C-section, and an early delivery date. I have had two children now via c-section, and honestly I am doing it again for three reasons. One, it is hard to locate a physician that will do a V-Bac especially after 2 c-sections, the risk of hemorrhaging is higher. Second, I know what to expect and plan for (i.e. worry about LOL) and finally, I cannot dilate past a certain point, and therefore cannot have a vaginal birth. Lucky for me I live in the day and age where technology allows me to even survive a birth, and hopefully God willing, I will get through this final one.
    The great thing about scheduled C-sections; you get to pick the birth date within 2 weeks of the due date :) So I will be choosing to go a week early, as I did with my son.
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 10:35 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I'm having a homebirth. First was planned homebirth but my water broke at 28 weeks and I delivered at 33 weeks. I hope this time I actually get to fallow through. Doctors are idiots. Birth is not a procedure...homebirths rule!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 10:37 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• leoangel- I agree!!!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• :D i am so glad you are having a girl AshJoe; when's your exact due date, did they change it with the sono?
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 10:39 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• selective early induction makes me sick to my stomach. I think it should be illeagal.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 10:44 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I think being a complete idiot and trying to act like you have intelligence should be illegal... yet you are still around.... If you KNEW anything; a full term baby is 38 weeks; but most mothers who are able to have them naturally don't until 40 weeks; so I have a two week window where my perfectly healthy FULL TERM baby can be delivered...

leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 10:52 AM on Nov. 9, 2008