I had a creepy dream and said the lords prayer in the dream...

I cant remember every single detail. But basically in the dream there was a hurricane approaching. NJ and Ga were next to each other (I am from NJ but currently live in georgia) and SO and his friend traveled to ny state to do a blue collar job. He called me and told me a storm was coming and many cities were already underwater. I traveled to some lake town and everyone was sun bathing by the water, as if getting ready for the storm. Out of nowhere I was on a small cruise boat with my dad. As the storm approached it started raining really hard and everyone at the same time started reciting the lords prayer. I remember in my dream dad asked someone if they had any good classic movies. The lady put on a thomas and friends movie LOL. could someone explain the dream? I found it a bit creepy about the prayer part of the dream. Not because of the prayer itself but the situation (the sudden downpour) and the timing (everyone saying it at the same time out of nowhere and they said it loud and intensely)

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 9:41 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• there's a lot of traveling in your dream which can either signify a journey to reach your goals, or an escape from your current situation. Just reading about it gives me the sense that you aren't really comfortable where you are & are looking to find comfort during a difficult time (comfort in familiar things: Dad, classic movies, prayer). Some people find comfort in saying the Lord's Prayer, but having it done in such an over-powering way may have the opposite effect.
    I'm not much of a dream analyst, this is just the feeling I got when I read about your dream.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 9:53 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• thanks very much! I have been questioning working after being a sahm for 2 years. First day was today and it wasnt all that bad, and ds did just fine with the sitter. So yes, my unconscious finding comfort...that makes sense. the praying was done in a very overpowering way. I said the prayer with everyone but it even frightened me in the dream how intense it was as the storm was approaching. Seems the harder it rained the louder people said it
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• well i think you must have stormes on your mind or just experienced a recient bad storm.... yea i agree what that lady said about that you arnt really comfortable where you are and that you are looking to find comfort that sounds about right but not too sure well thats what i personally think anyways hmm strange but i have heared that god can give you sings in your dreams so yea well hope all goes well p.s are you going to tell your dad about the dream???? lol have fun
    Lisa_7777

Answer by Lisa_7777 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I found my dream journal and wrote it down this morning, first thing! Yes I will tell my dad about it! :) I ofte have songs in my dream. The lords prayer definately wasnt a song...it was kind of chaotic. and as th storm cam closer everyone was screaming it, holding hands in a circle and running around. it was creepy lol
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 10:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2010