switching formula questions....

I am currently using similac sensitive... which isnt working since me baby has horrible painful gas after every feeding.. I have heard wonderful things about enfamil gentlease so I am trying to switch... but my baby HATES it and refuses to drink it... out of curiosityI taste tested both formulas (no joke)

similac is much sweeter (turns out it has sugar in it... couldnt believe it) while enfamil taste like your trying to eat a battery.... no wonder she hates it... so how do I go about doing this? im desperate

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 9:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would talk to you doctor before ever switching formula! They can guide you.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 9:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• yeah, ive tried my babies formula too..and gentlease is def the one that tastes terrible. poor baby!! try enfamil a.r its sweet-im not sure if its used for sensitive tummies. and i think the higher u go up on the sensitivities of formulas-the taste gets worse. ask a neutricianist-good luck!
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Mix them together at first. My 5 month old switches back and forth between a sensitive and gentle formula all the time. But we buy store brand. Both Target and Walmart sell a "gentle" formula that is the same as Enfamil Gentlease. It's what we normally use for our son. But if we run out and can only get to Safeway we get their "sensitive" kind. He does better on the gentle.
    We've never had any trouble getting him to take the store brand of any kind and we've occasionally got Similac ready to feed when we had coupons. He switches back and forth without blinking an eye.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• ok well if your thinking about changing formular or if you have any questions about it i sujjest you to talk to your doctor before you do or change anything take my sujjestion he/she will give you all the answer for everything
    Lisa_7777

Answer by Lisa_7777 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Soy formula could work too. Also try Mylicon gas drops. They are AMAZING and worked miracles for my son.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 21, 2010