How do you handle visitors naughty kids?

My one friend who is also my neighbour has to girls age 4 and 2. They are terrorists! My boys are almost 6 and i thought they were bad. When she comes over they brake my kids's toys and they drive me mad. I can't even have a conversation with their mom. How do i confront this issue?

Dezitwins

Asked by Dezitwins at 9:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Tell the mom (in a nice way) that, until her children can better control their behavior, it would be best if they didn't come over.

Alternately, see if you can find a neutral meeting place, like a park or something.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I don't have a problem speaking up to other peoples children if they are destroying my belongings or disrespecting my child. I would tell them to take it easy or the toys will be put away. Either mom will take the hint or you will be very busy the next time they want to come over.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If the mom won't discipline then I would. It's being disrespectful to you, your child and home. If she doesn't like it then she doesn't need to come over.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I tell them how to act or let them go home.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2010