Do you believe in spanking your child/ren ?

If your child was disrespectful, unruly and plain defiant is spanking an option for you? Time out doesnt always work......

Kaye924

Asked by Kaye924 at 9:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't like to spank my kids, but I will if I have to and nothing else works.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 9:53 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• no. I've done it once and will NEVER do it again. It was done out of anger. I was stressed and having a bad day. I have learned from that experience to breathe and leave the room if ds tests me. It's not my parenting style. we do room time outs and that works for our family
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• At last resort, yes.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If I feel it is needed, yes I will.
    Anonymous

• Nope we don't spank mainly because it is looked at as child abuse these days and I don't need dcfs at my door for disciplining my children so we find alternate ways of doing it
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 10:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• If my children do something bad enough then yes they'll get a spanking. I got my butt whooped when I was little and it made me not want to do it anymore. My aunt tried the whole time out and grounding thing and she now has a disrespectful, pot smoking, juvenile delinquent 16 year old, but when he's at my grandparents house he's good as gold bc my grandma spanked us and he knows she means business. My oldest daughter just turned 5 and I don't beat her or anything lol but she'll get spatted on the butt hard enough for me to get my point across and she's the type that I could barely spat her hand and it breaks her heart so I've only had to resort to a spanking a handful of times.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• yes i do
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yup, I'll spank my son. I was spanked as a child and I turned out fine and I spank my son and he's now very respectful and well behaved.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 10:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I love my son-So no, I don't spank him.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Absolutely not. I'd never put my hands on my child.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2010