the needy friend

I have been hangin out with this girl and her DD (who my DD loves) for about a year and I do care about her but I feel like she wants all my time and kinda steps over boundaries (she will step in and lecture my DD while I am trying to disipline her myself). She invites herself to do things with me and other friends and she wants to hang out ALOT more than I can. I am gonna have another baby and she insists that she is gonna come over everyday to help(which I dont need or want). I have told her that would not work for me and she doesnt get it, it hurts her feelings and it not personal, I just dont want company. I think her intentions are good but i feel smothered. I have kinda tryed to express that to her but she gets kinda defensive. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• answering the door for anyone except Grandma's and the delivery guy! We would love a phone call from you though. THANK YOU for understanding. We appreciate the love and concern of all of our dear friends."
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Just tell her flat out that you are about to have another baby and that you will not be doing as many play dates or get togethers because you need to rest up and spend time with your DD alone before the new baby arrives.

Then tell her BEFORE the baby gets here that you will NOT be having any non-family guest over daily and that guests will only be allowed over PERIODICALLY and ONLY when approved by your DH (if you've just had a baby you don't need to be worried about over bearing people).

Then put a cute little sign on the door when baby comes home that says "We appreciate your love and concern for us but we are bonding with our New Baby . We would love for you to enjoy our new bundle of joy too but right now it's important that we get to know our new family member. PLEASE do NOT ring the door bell or knock on the door. We are probably exhausted from the demands of the new baby and won't be

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I had a friend like that and I had to cut it off with her it sucks but for your sanity you gotta do it
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 10:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Then don't answer the door if she comes knocking. She'll get the hint sooner or later and if she doesn't feel free to let Mama Bear Hormones come out to let her know!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2010