What is the best way to learn to read music on my own for free?

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 10:26 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• buy a beginners book for whatever instrument you play or want to play. and use the key guide in the back. it will give you the visual of the note, the name of the note and the guide for playing it.

I'm sure there are also books on how to read music, but I think using the above method with tons of practice would work just as well.

It's really not all that hard just takes practice.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Go to a music store that sells instruments. Explain that you are trying to leaner how to read music, and you'd like some guidance. They can help point you in the right direction.
    Are you trying to learn an instrument? Are you learning to sight read for singing? You will need a keyboard or something for that, too, to keep you in tune and help you learn the keys, octaves, and how to go from one note to another until you get it down.
    If you're simply interested in learning what a G looks like, or a C#, then a basic music book can help, but I would HIGHLY recommend an instrument shop for some guidance.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:28 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I would say a book.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:42 AM on Dec. 21, 2010