I've been very emotional lately

I seem to be more emotional and irritable towards the end of the day. I have a lot going on in my personal life. I'm losing my home. My son is being deployed overseas to iraq, and my daughter is in another state and abuses drugs. I feel overwhelmed. I stay in my PJ's most of the time unless I have to get dressed to run to the store or go out. I don't feel like doing anything. Could I be depressed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Health

• you very well could be. i'm so sorry you're having to go through this :(

hugs

proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It sounds a lot like depression. I would see a doctor asap because it can get very serious if not taken care of. GL and I hope you feel better soon. (HUGS)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes, you sound like me when my son was deployed. You should talk to your dr. about everything your going through and maybe he'll prescribe something for you to help. I'm sorry things are going bad for you :( I do feel your pain.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yes, you need somebody to talk to, a doctor. You have a lot of things going on and at this time it is to much for you to handle. You really need to get some professional help ASAP. Just take one day at a time, that is all you can do. I wish you luck and much hugs.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Well if your feeling depressed you have every right to feel that way for all you are going through right now...a normal human emotion. I hope you have someone you can talk to that you can trust. ...your mom maybe or a good friend...push yourself and get out of the house... exercise does wonders for stress....I am sure you don't feel like it right now...but if you push yourself to get out and walk at least... I can pretty much guarantee it will help some. Talk to God...tell him all your problems...pray about them...maybe even try going to church... you could meet some nice friends there too... and people that would want to help you.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I am so sorry for all you are going through. I would certainly see a dr ASAP. I know alot of us are going through a lot of personal things and the Holiday's don't seem to help with depression either. I urge you to see your family dr soon. GL!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• yup

Answer by admckenzie at 10:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It sounds like depression to me~~you are going through alot right now. See your doctor and talk to someone--that might help. ((Hugs to you))
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 10:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Well sweetie, I got depressed just reading what you are going through. I think you are & you are entitled. You have sooo much going on and most of it isn't positive. Try to have faith that it will become positive in the long run, that is what I do A LOT! It may be a good idea to get out more often; being cooped out can be depressing. Things WILL get better-you must believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HUGE HUGS!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:01 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• aww yes and so sorry for you. Please talk to dr cause he can help you feel better!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 1:08 AM on Dec. 21, 2010