Can my step mom love me just as much as her own kids?

I am 16 years old. My mom died when I was 5 and my Dad just got married about ayear ago. I absolutely love my step mother,brother and sister. I really desire a mother daughter relationship with her, She says she wants one with me, but I always have the question in my mind ....

Will she ever love me as much as Her kids?

Searching4luv16

Asked by Searching4luv16 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I love my step son just as much as my daughter. So, yes, she can love you just as much.

If she is wanting a relationship with you, I'd say that the odds are in your favor that she already does.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:56 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• yes! My son's real dad has two other kids..i fell in love with them before i did that man... i loved those kids so much and it took everything in me to walk away from them. I had to though..he was very abusive. I can't wait till they get older and we can have that relationship back..
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Of course she can! She may not be your biological mom, but a mom is a mom to ALL her children, whether it be step, adopted or biological. Can you love her as your mom? If the answer is yes then you've just answered your own question :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Love isn't biological. Love isn't blood related. Love is an affection that you have towards someone for everything they are. She can very much love you just as much as her biological children. She can accept you just as well, she can be there for you just as much. There is no reason why she cannot open her heart to you as she has her own children. Believe that she wants that with you and allow her to bring you into her life. As well open up your heart and bring her into yours. As long as you are both accepting of one another and wanting that relationship it will happen.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• How well do you get along with her? If she wants a relationship with you on a mother-daughter level, give her a chance. You never know, it may be a blessing in disguise.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:12 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I think it would be hard for her to have that if your mother was around, but seeing as your mother has passed. I 'm sure she could. It wont' happen overnight but try doing things together. I am sure your mother would want you to have a mother daughter relationship, even if it can't be with her.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Yes she can, give her a chance and the fact you love your new family is a plus.

Answer by older at 12:04 PM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I love my sons that were born to another woman (my husband's ex) as much as I love the children I gave birth to, so the answer is yes, it is absolutely possible. But just like all relationships, it takes work from both sides.
    Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 12:07 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• She absolutely can. Let her in.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:18 AM on Dec. 22, 2010

• yes she can. plain and simple.
    javamama603

Answer by javamama603 at 11:02 AM on Dec. 22, 2010