Is it really hard......

to potty train little boys as every one says it is??

Pixie71809

Asked by Pixie71809 at 10:56 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It wasn't for our family. I raised 2 children - a girl then a boy. I know have 3 grandchildren - 2 girls and a boy. I would say they were about the same to potty train. Two thoughts of advice...let it happen on it's own and don't rush him. And use cloth panties instead of pull-ups except for night time. I found with all the children that none of them liked being wet so they soon learned potty time kept that from happening. Good luck!
    remomingit

Answer by remomingit at 11:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I had a hard time but i think it was because i wasn't being consistent. bottom line for him he was ready when he was ready. But I am so happy he is doing it.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 11:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I didn't think it was that hard. I think some children are easier to potty train than others. It sounds silly now......but I bribed him with M & Ms. Now, bribing your child is not supposed to be a good thing to do, but it worked for me. My son is 36 years old now, and bribing him did not seem to have any long term terrible effects on him.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 11:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It only took 4 days to train my son. I waited until he showed all signs of readiness, then, used what ended up being the equivalent of the 3 day training method. Only I had no clue there was such a thing.

Google "Potty training readiness signs"...usually there is a quiz you can take to determine if he is ready. Then, Google "3-day potty training method" for exact description of all involved in that method.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Well thanks so much ladies!! =)
    Pixie71809

Comment by Pixie71809 (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• It was easier to train my son than it was my daughter. It took some time to teach him to aim, but he's good to go now.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:21 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Thanks for your in put! =)
    Pixie71809

Comment by Pixie71809 (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• That depends on the child. DH's cousin potty trained their little boy in a matter of a couple of weeks. Whereas my Aunt didn't get her child potty trained until he was almost four. That was over a year or two of trying. It really depends on the child, how consistant you are, and finding the method that works for both of you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• No! We did the 3 day method at 25 months, and it went really well! I have the ebook, if you want it. It recommends 22 months, but 25 was when we had 3 days to do nothing but potty train. It's exhausting, but absolutely worth it. I think it's all about frame of mind. If you have it in your head that if you're patient and consistent it will work, then it will! The first day, he had over 30 accidents. DH was ready to give up, but I pushed on. The next morning, 6 or 7 accidents, then something clicked! We only had about 5 seconds of warning at first, but it gradually got longer and longer. He's doing awesome now! It's been about 3 months. Also, this method is for both days and nights. 100% cold turkey.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Wow thanks for your in put! =)
    Pixie71809

Comment by Pixie71809 (original poster) at 1:30 AM on Dec. 21, 2010