Pulling my hair out about court tomorrow re: Christmas!

Stressed....DH and I will be going to court again tomorrow at 2:30 pm to fight to see his daughter (4 y/o) over Christmas and New Years. We have been fighting Biological Mother to just follow the custody order for the last month but she refuses to claiming it is not fair. I have posted before and described in detail our holiday visitation via the court order before but I will give a brief description of it. DH and I get to have DD with us on Easter, Fourth of July, and Thanksgiving every even numbered year (2010) and we also get DD every year for Christmas Day. On odd numbered years we get her for Memorial Day, Labor Day, and New Years Day (2011). So this year we got her/are supposed to get her for Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Years Day. The order also says we are supposed to work together to make sure that each parent gets to see her for an equal time over the holiday break (break here is 2 weeks long, so it would be a week of time each) We have offered BM five different options, all but one option included tweaking the court order in BM's favor but she would not agree to any of them and instead told us that we could "forget about the equal time!" and demanded that we only get her for approx. 24 hrs for Christmas and 24 hrs for New Years and she is going to spend the rest of the time with DD. Needless to say DH wants to see DD more than that and since it is not what was court ordered we are going to fight for what is ours... I understand that she feels like she is missing out but I do not think that is any reason to allow DD to miss out on time with her Dad. BM continues to say that we need to think about her and her family and think about DD there because she wants her to be able to see her aunts and uncle. I guess in our eyes a dedicated father who wants to spend his court ordered time with his daughter comes before aunts and uncles. I wish some parents would just grow up, realize they couldn't agree to make decisions for themselves, asked a judge to do so and when then follow what the judge decides!

NessGuinness

Asked by NessGuinness at 10:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• Father, in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, I ask for favor with the courts for this couple. You know what it is like to be separated from Your Son. Plz have mercy on them. Soften the BM heart, if only for this Christmas, until the Courts will see the truth of what the BM is doing to this child's father. I know the BM is hurting and is angry with her ex-husband. Open her eyes to how she is making the child suffer for their errors. If she is unwilling, plz let the courts show mercy to this couple and let Truth prevail, as only You can do! Right now we give You thanks for Your divine intervention.  Thank you Lord for what You are going to do. Plz help them to remember to thank you for the gift of Your loving kindness for them and the child... in Christ Jesus name I ask for these request. Amen

Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 11:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Why would she try to go against a court order that was obviously placed prior to now. She had to agree to it, otherwise that court order wouldn't have been placed in the first place. How long has it been in place anyway? There doesn't seem to be any real reason that she would want it changed. Just because of Aunts and Uncles wanting to see her? I just don't think it is a viable reason. I do however wish you luck on this, you will be in my prayers.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:08 AM on Dec. 21, 2010