what do you think?

i have my 6 week appointment after delivery (healthy baby boy!!) the first week of january and I am soooooooo ready to get it on with my hubby ... not to mention we weren't able to have sex from week 20 of the pregnancy due to preterm labor.. so i know only 2 more weeks but I am wondering.... is it ok to orgasm ? not have sex but to get the big O now or do i have to wait for that? and also we are going having a date night a few days before my appointment.... would it be ok to sneak a little romance in during our time out a few days early?

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Orgasming through other methods other then intercourse is fine as long as your doctor doesn't say otherwise. Whether it's four play, personal pleasure, or oral it is okay to orgasm. The reason that they don't want you having intercourse before six weeks is due to your body recovering, high chance of infection, and also increase in causing a hemorage during your postpartum bleeding. However, if you didn't have any tears, you are done bleeding, and you're not feeling any negative effects after having baby then you may be okay to have sex. A lot of people, including myself, only waited as long as the bleeding lasted. Then we jumped right in. However, it is greatly recommended to get checked before you do have sex. It is ultimately your call though.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• as long as you are not bleeding any more i guess its fine. but its better to get it checked by your OB first. she;ll check if the stitches have healed fine. when you're doing it the first time, its better to use some lubricant (that's what my doc advised me) but i was fine without it. it should be a little uncomfortable but shouldn't hurt really. my fear was it was going to hurt because of the stitches.. but it wasn't that bad
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I didn't listen to my doctors orders in the first place so I may not be the best one to say anything. However from experience it seems like as long as you're not bleeding anymore, you're not tender and the sutures are all disolved (if you had them to start with) you should be just fine.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 11:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I didn't have sex before my ck up, I was a military wife and I was adament I wasn't getting pregnant on every leave my S/O was home, and that happened to be one of his leaves at the time. Boy was he mad at me !!
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:53 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• haha MyAngel003 that is too funny!
    Ross2010

Comment by Ross2010 (original poster) at 1:00 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I couldn't last the six weeks. I think I made it to week five, but I was VERY careful.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:38 AM on Dec. 21, 2010