I am in early labor. I am dialated to 3 and 80% thinned. My contractions are around 15 minutes apart but they are not regular. I am scared that my labor will stop. What are some ways that I can keep my contractions going and to make them regular?

KatieMN3388

Asked by KatieMN3388 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Walking did it for me! Good luck
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• walk walk and more walking!! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Try some raspberry leaf tea, and lots of walking. Nipple stimulation can be very effective, but you have to keep at it. If you can tolerate sex (and your water hasn't broken), it's also very effective. If you can, try to get some sleep while it's early, because you'll need all the energy you can muster tomorrow. Congratulations, mama! I hope everything goes smoothly for you!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Since my first suggestions is covered I won't say it again! lol Now this is the opposite but it has been known to work for some. Sleep. It allows your body to relax and let nature take it's course. plus it will give you some rest that you are sooo going to need!
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 11:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• My doctors advice was to walk and intercourse if possible its apparently proven tht the walking and semen will help to dilate and open your cervix
    ahmommy7

Answer by ahmommy7 at 11:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• with last two code liver oil 1tbs and they poped out
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• just dont stress about it. u need to make sure u stay hydrated no matter what bc dehydration can cause u to have "bladder contractions" which feel similar to the real thing. i agree w/ pp that walking and rest should help with it. and if u have a yoga ball, sit on it and rotate ur hips, it will be relaxing and help open ur hips. good luck!
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 12:21 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• walking...worked wonders for me...
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 12:28 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I was in your position a little over 11 years ago. I slept as much as I could that night. I was up and down, but slept as much as possible. Went to the hospital around 8 am and had her at 11am. Sleep and a purring cat were the best things.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:29 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Good luck
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:18 AM on Dec. 21, 2010