does anyone else have issues with your toddler being to rough with your infant?

i feel like i spend all day preventing disasters. making sure my two yr old doesnt try to pick my infant up, feed her food, and so on. my two year old doesn;t intentionally want to cause any harm to my infant she in fact is extremely loving and protective over her but she's constantly trying to care for her herself as if she was a baby doll so there is no letting my infant down she's constantly on my hip unless my two year old is napping and i know this could very easily give my infant separation anxiety from me later on or just in general spoil her. my two year old has amazing communication skills but no matter how many times i explain why she needs to be easy with the bby and theres certain things she cant do with her she still is doing it any tips on better methods of communicating to my toddler her boundaries?

ahmommy7

Asked by ahmommy7 at 11:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How come she can't feed the baby? I thinkg that you should find things that your 2 year old CAN do with the baby insted of things the 2 year old CAN'T do with the baby. If you sit there and help the 2 year old care for your baby everything should be ok.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 11:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• i have no problem with her holding or bottle feeding her with assistance but the second i turn my head shes tryin to carry her around or feed her table food i try to involve her in the bbys care but she wants to try to do it independently and when im not looking which concerns me
    ahmommy7

Comment by ahmommy7 (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• does ur dd have any baby dolls w/ care toys? like a diaper bag for the dolls, baby food, ect? my dd is like that, and we just redirect her to the toys when she wants to play with the baby. other than that, there is nothing else you can do but teach her to be more gentle with time.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 11:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• she has dolls but weve never really used the dolls for are situation doll care toys we definatly be going on the last min christmas list
    ahmommy7

Comment by ahmommy7 (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Hmmm that is a tough one because my dd used to do that with my niece! We also had a tough time getting her to stop but the baby doll idea is good! Do you have a bassinet-portable that you can roll from room to room to keep eye on baby? I did this with my youngest son because he had severe sleep aphnea but it was convenient!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:11 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• at walmart they have the stroller doll playpin an high chair so while you do your babys needs she can do her babies needs :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 2:30 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I don't leave my infant where my 2 year old can get to her. I have a bassinet in the living room, her crib upstairs, and a Moses basket I can carry around to place on top of the table, dryer, or my bed.

Answer by missanc at 2:16 PM on Dec. 21, 2010