Is cheerleading for teenagers in High shool okay?

my daughter is 15 and wants to be a cheerleader, do you think I should concider a better sport?
Well someone told me i shouldn't because they become pregnant, bla bla bla, but would like an opinion of someone with experience on the subject.

Sunshine0173

Asked by Sunshine0173 at 11:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• saying you should because someone became pregnant is like saying ur dd shouldnt be in school bc she will get pregnant. neways... cheerleading is a great sport, but it is the leading cause of sports related injuries. if your dd has been in other types of dance classes, it may be good for her to exand thru cheerleading. if nothing else let her try it. you never know, she may be great at it. and its a fun experience to have under your belt.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 11:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• that is stupid to think if she is a cheerleader that she will get pregnant.... it should actually be backwards... when I was in school it was the anti- cheerleaders who became pregnant...

let her try it, she is old enough to know if she wants to or not.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 11:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• well as far as sport...... cheerleading is hard. very active! It really isn't just standing there saying cheers anymore. There are competitions and it is demanding! But as far as becoming pregnant....whatever. I mean if anything wouldn't she maybe have to keep up grades and have higher self-esteem? Also cheer doesn't leave much time for anything else!...lol ....gl!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Well, I think Cheerleading is okay. BUT, there are some things you want to take into consideration first. The uniforms are becoming pretty SMALL these days. Do you like your daughter wearing that type of clothing? The music they play for them to dance to is HORRIBLE, ..."Lift up your skirt girl. Show me what you're working with..." is one line I heard the cheerleaders at our school dancing to, at OPEN HOUSE!! Take many things into consideration when lettign her do it...
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Let her go for it......IF it is what SHE wants to do!
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 12:07 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• i agree athome mommy-3!!!!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:07 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Honestly, the high school I went to, cheerleading wasn't a sport. It was a "team" of druggies and bullies who couldn't actually hack it at a real sport so they cheered! BUT cheerleading, when it is done how it is supposed to, is a great idea for a high schooler. I think any organized sport is great for kids, but I think it all depends on the school and how things are run by the coach and AD.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 12:16 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• wtf there is nothing wrong with cheerleading! dont listen to what ppl say.
    babbykrissy

Answer by babbykrissy at 12:20 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Let me tell you this, I cheered my first three years in high school. I was so busy between practices, games, and trying to keep my grades up I didnt have time to have sex at all. I did however get pregnant my senior year when I wasnt doing any afterschool activities. I think any sport and after school activties are great for staying out of trouble and staying on track
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I think if it is something she wants to do then you should let her try out, Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:50 AM on Dec. 21, 2010