Please, I need someones opinion on this!!!

I am pregnant and live in Pennslyvania and my boyfriend, the baby's father lives in New York. My boyfriend and I switch visiting one another on the weekends. However his family lives where I do in Pennsylvania. My boyfriend has off from work Friday-Monday for Christmas. He said he would be home Thursday night after work to be here for the holidays. When I talked to him on the phone tonight he told me he would come on Friday (christmas eve) because he wanted to go out with his friend on Thursday night. I know I'm really emotional right now and am very stressed out but I flipped out on the phone with him tonight because I don't think its fair he gets to go out while I sit around and wait for him. I know I'm very homonal right now and I have a lot of emotions but am I in the wrong? I just need someone's opinion to help ease my anxiety. He said he wouldn't get mad at me if it were the other way around and I wanted to go out with a friend but he just doesn't get it because he isn't the one sitting around waiting for someone. Plus I'm pregnant so its not like I go out with my friends like I used to.

lyndsey1788

Asked by lyndsey1788 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• You could still go out with your friends. Just be glad that he is coming home. I am pregnant as well and my hubby won't be home for Christmas at all. He probably just wants to go out with his friends after work and unwind. Seems pretty harmless.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:01 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• i acted like that a lot when pregnant. heck, my son is 4 month old and i still get like that. its perfectly normal for u to feel like that bc u have lost a lot of ur personal freedom bc u have to take care of ur body for the baby. just try to calm down and think rationally about it. if its really an issue, talk to him (in person) when ur calm and explain why u were so upset. plus it will help if you find someone else to hang out with while he's away
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 12:04 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I totally agree with you lyndsey1788. Why wouldn't he be rushing back to you? You are not being hormonal . i believe he is being a selfish man. Go figure....... i am seeing more and more of these.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:05 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• don t ruin ur night and the next day b/ce of that. I understand u if I were i would do the same thing. actually I ve been in a similar situation and I react the same way but after that I realized that it is not worthed. Plz u r pregnant, do stress urself out. do something fun for urself, invite a girlfriend over and have a girls talk, watch a funny movie, get ready to ur baby's arrival... instead of setting there alone. i swaer it s not worthed as i said i would do the same thing but now from an outsider view i tell u to not make it a big deal.don t hesitate if u need information abt babies :) Good luck
    Imane1215

Answer by Imane1215 at 12:06 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• harris4 why r u saying this to her?this isnt gonna help her at all.she needs support and u are all but this.
    Imane1215

Answer by Imane1215 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I can understand how you feel. Sadly, he's made a choice to be with pals that night and that's a bummer but if you try to control him, it'll make it worse. Also, when you DO feel like going out (after baby is born) then payback is a bitch!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:17 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Sorry but I agree with Harris, and you Lyndsey1788. Considering you suffer from a long distance relationship...and you are carrying his baby, I think he should be rushing into your arms. He can see this friend any work night, right? I am being supporting by being honest with you. I think you SHOULD be the priority for him, you arent being hormonal or petty.

But, I also agree, don't let it get you in a knot either. Nothing you can do about it, so sit back and relax and maybe have a talk with him when he visits about your feelings. In the meantime, stress is not good for baby, so relax, do your nails, have a nice bath, read a good book...oh how I wish I could just be sitting around waiting...lol!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:19 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• no.. actually, i agree with you. i would be pissed. its christmas and you guys are a family and you are pregnant, and only see eachother on the weekends and hes more worried about going out drinking with a friend then getting home to see you? thats ridiculous. you are not wrong at all, and im not pregnant.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:27 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• well she asked for an opinion and that is mine.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:28 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I have been pretty emotional myself, so don't be too hard on yourself for that. As for your boyfriend, try to be as understanding as possible. Maybe you can ask him to make it an earlier night w/his friends so he can wake up w/you on Christmas morning
    makeupangel

Answer by makeupangel at 12:41 AM on Dec. 21, 2010