Christmas Gifts

DH and I sometimes, but not always, exchange gifts. I just wondered if we're the exception... or the rule?

Do you exchange gifts with your spouse?

We have a large family and usually we would rather spend the gift money on the kids, so we opt to skip gifts for one another.

AAAMama

Asked by AAAMama at 12:17 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• We exchange one gift and we get each other a special ornament each year. We have been doing this for 14 years, so there will be 28 memories in ornaments on our tree this year.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 12:26 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• If we have the money then yes we love to exchange gifts! If not then we concentrate on the kids.

jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:20 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• We usually try to by something for each other. Some years it is not very much because of money and other years it is a little more. Some years we get something for the house or the family, it really depends on our needs.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:30 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• We use to before kids but now everyone has kids and everyones kids has kids so we dont exchange but we do have a "alone at home" night and just talk and spend time watch movies it doesnt cost to have alone at home time plus we have our family as our gift :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:12 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• We're not spending on each other too much this year. My S/O was out of work for 2 yrs, and went bk this Oct. I just had major back surgery, and therapy. The truck had major repairs $1000.00 and the car died. So it's just for ther kids and gr-kids this year. I think we're old enough it won't bother us we are happy just to see the happy little faces on Christmas morning light up with surprise as they open all their present, to us that's what Christmas is for the little ones.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:41 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Dh and I always exchange gifts, even if it is something small we do it to show love and affection for one another. No matter how small or inexpensive the gift is, it always makes me happy to receive something from DH that shows he cares and put thought into it.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:51 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• we do when we have the money
    AuntyMama

Answer by AuntyMama at 3:32 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• When we can afford it, yes.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:27 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Yes...I bought him a Kinect...he bought me a Colt Cabana shirt :-) and a winter coat...but the shirt has a crazy story that involves him actually having to get Colt Cabana's email from someone lol
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:48 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• yes it a nice gesture to show they care. it also proves whether or not they know what u like.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 5:04 AM on Dec. 21, 2010