Christmas Tree

What kind of decorations do you put on your tree?

A Theme?

A Color?

Memory Ornaments?

Ours is all covered (to the point that we had to put up 2 large trees this year - lol) with memories. I have the most awesome trip down the memory lane of our family each year - it's a time to share with our kids the ornaments and the meanings behind them - the people who shared them with us, etc. Some are made by the kids (we have 6 kids), some were personalized every year by myself or my mom, some were gifts to commemorate a special event or occassion that year. This year, our biggest additions were "20 years together" as this is our 20th married Christmas..... Baby's First Christmas because our youngest has her first this year..... Grandparent's First, our grandson was born in January, so it's our first to be grandparents.... and our First Forever as our 9 yr old's adoption finalized in May.

AAAMama

Asked by AAAMama at 12:32 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• I'm like you, ornaments from the last 27 years of marriage & kids ornaments. It is like walking down memory lane :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:37 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• White lights and color with ornaments.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:34 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• We have white lights and white garland, because the boys thought it looks like snow. Our ornaments are all shapes, sizes, and colors and they each hold a special memory. DH and I have given each other an ornament each year since we were married, this year is 14 years. Then there's the ones my boys have made or given to us.... I love to sit in the den after everyone has gone to bed and just look at the tree and remember.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 12:39 AM on Dec. 21, 2010