is painting while pregnant bad??

makeupangel

Asked by makeupangel at 12:37 AM on Dec. 21, 2010 in Health

• The smell. I would not.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 12:38 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• yep. causes deformity is what my doc told me.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Some people say yes some no. I see moms in commercials and movies do it all the time, but I wouldnt do it. I personally dont like to smell toxins any other day either, dont want my unborn breathing it
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:40 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Only get NON-toxic paint & check w/ the doc before using, or use a face mask
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:42 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I have painted quite a bit while being pregnant with all of my little ones. I know that some Mom's are not comfortable with painting but I do not have any issues with it and I think it would only cause problems if you were painting every single day of your pregnancy. It is a choice tha tyou have to make yourself.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:07 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I did it. My doctor said if there is ALOT of ventilation there shouldn't be a problem. Maybe wear a facemask and open a window or two. A little bit of painting shouldn't hurt anything.. However, don't sit and sniff the brush =P
    Caitlinn71609

Answer by Caitlinn71609 at 1:17 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• I was painting with both older kids. And with my first I helped DH install 500 sqft of hardwood floors. Both kids are just fine. The painting was in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters, if that helps.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:43 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Avoid acrylic paints. Watercolors ought to be fine. You can look for non-toxic pains, and try to stay where it's well ventilated.
    Yes, some people have been fine with it, but why risk it?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:55 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• Yes it is. Use paints that are non-toxic if you must. I would stay away from all paints though, just to be safe.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:42 AM on Dec. 21, 2010